Monday, July 27, 2009

Pass around the Talking Stick!

It has been a very long week. And what happened this week, they are part of the few moments that I will never ever forget.

It started last Sunday, it was my debut. I was happy and became sad right after it. Remember I told you that my Aunt died after my party? Still, I can’t get over with the situation. And the Saturday after that, it was my cousin’s wedding! It was a complete disaster? No kidding.

Okay, just brief explanations. We planned my debut and the wedding months ago. We didn’t know my Aunt’s gonna die within the week. And really, we are devastated. Also, the wedding, that’s not this, is all about. I’m just saying that it was a disaster and I have no intentions to elaborate more. :)

So, long week isn’t it? Anyway, have you heard anything about Talk Stick or Talking Stick? No? Well, take a look at this:


My father went home one night and he’s carrying this Talking Stick. He said it was from the seminar he attended about leadership. So I thought it was only another figurine for the house, as I haven’t heard anything about a talking stick. I opened it and read the paper inside the box:

The Power of True Understanding

The Talking Stick is very symbolic in many Native American cultures, and has played am integral part in their government for centuries. It is one of the most powerful communication tools because while it is tangible a physical, it embodies a concept that is truly synergistic.

I know it sounds very serious. But look at the picture and see the instructions. You see? When I first saw the instructions I was like, “Great! I can use this with times like this.” Anyway, the first thing that came to my mind is that, this Talking Stick is a perfect tool that can be used for open forums.

I said that I had a long week right? I had a lot of things on my mind right now. And if thoughts were clouds, really I am experiencing hurricane as of the moment. Seriously.

I thought or I’ve been picturing on my head that I’m in an open forum with my friends. I just want to share everything on my head. And I don’t want INTERRUPTIONS. I just wanna talk and for them to listen. Kinda selfish? I know right!

Anyway, I’m just picturing that scene. I’m not really sure if I want it to happen. I mean, I’m not sure what I’m willing to share. Okay now I’m gonna stop talking, like passing the Taking Stick to another person.

Ciao! :)

They say, practice makes perfect, theory is the more you think like a surgeon the more you become one. The better you get at remaining neutral, clinical, cut suture close, the harder it becomes to turn it off, to stop thinking like a surgeon, and remember what it means to think like a human being.

~Meredith Grey (Grey’s Anatomy)

0 comments: