Monday, June 22, 2009

I am Hypochondriac

HYPOCHONDRIA (Plural of hypochondrium)
A psychological disorder characterized by a persistent feeling that one is ill;

HYPOCHONDRIAC
A patient with imaginary symptoms and ailments.

HYPOCHONDRIASIS
Sometimes referred to as health phobia;
Refers to an excessive preoccupation or worry about having a serious illness.

INFLUENZA A
A contagious infectious disease attributed to a filterable virus and causing fever, headache, pain in the back and limbs, and an inflammation of the respiratory tract.

I AM FREAKING HEALTH CONSCIOUS!
I can't help it, but I really can't blame myself too.

Ah1n1 is everywhere. Not just inside the body of those who are infected, but also in the news (newspapers, tv, radio,) all over the world.
It's so popular that everyone in this world talk about it for like, 20 times a day.

"Yeah, who cares about other things if we're facing a serious illness?"

But that question, my question, it doesn't exist in my school. If the whole world is asking the same question as mine, my school just said,

"Who cares about Ah1n1? That's just virus. There's no need to suspend classes."
(They didn't tell those exact words, but that's how I look at what they're doing)

A lot of schools have been suspending classes from time to time because of the Ah1n1 outbreak here in the Philippines.
They think it was the best for their students and staff. Seriously! Isn't that the BEST?
But what do we call to the action of not suspending classes? Well, that's just stupid. Stupidity. Whatever! Oh God, I'm stupid.
But seriously, that's called being reckless.
And I thought I entered the best all girls school ever, I guess I'm wrong.
(BEST ALL GIRLS SCHOOL NEAR MY HOUSE. Take note)

I'm not saying these things just to make my school look bad. No. GOD no. I wouldn't do that.
It already looks bad and doesn't need any of my help. Kidding. LOL.
But I guess I have to speak of what I think is right.

Our parents have been working very hard just to pay for our tuition fees. Because they thought
that our school can provide the best, not just the quality of education also for equipment and facilities.
Local schools in the country have THERMAL scanner, and their tuition fee range is around 20k.
HOW ABOUT US?! How much is our tuition fee again?
I guess we just have to touch ourselves and see if we have fever before entering the school.
Or we could ask the Lady Guard to do it just to be sure. Or so we can SAY that they're monitoring the students who have flu-like symptoms.

I'm begging! I don't know to whom. But I'm really really begging.
Please take this illness seriously!
I mean, SERIOUSLY! Do you know who are those under quarantine or and those who are not?
(Ask this to Lady Guard; Entrance and Exit then tell me their answer)

Do not expose us, students, teenagers to the virus.
This is a matter of life and death. I'm not exaggerating. Because every case of this illness is UNLIKE the others.
Do not destroy lives.

At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out. They fence you in. Life is messy. That's how we're made. So, you can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them. But there are some lines... that are way too dangerous to cross.
~Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey (Grey's Anatomy)

I guess our school crossed the line. So what do we do from there?

*This is my opinion. I hope I didn't touch any nerve of yours. I just think this is necessary. Well, most of the time I don't just think, I know.

0 comments: